Chatpata Aloo Sabzi
Chatpata Aloo Sabzi is a North Indian dish with methi and palak adding great flavor.
- Baby Potato – 22 Numbers
- Fenugreek (Methi) – 1 1/2 cup, chopped
- Palak – 20 medium sized
- Pepper – 10 – 15 cloves
- Onions – 1 cup, chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized, chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Chilli Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves (cilantro) – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Boil one and a half cup of water in a vessel.
- Add sugar, add washed and cleaned palak leaves. Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool for sometime.
- In a mixer, add palak leaves, garlic, cumin seeds and pepper corns. Grind it to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes along with little salt, cook for two whistles and let it cool down.
- Peel off the cooled baby potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan, add butter (optional), baby potatoes and fry till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Add oil to the same pan, add cumin seeds. After it splutters, add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add fenugreek (methi) leaves, tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes till its mashed.
- Add palak paste and fry for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, sugar, salt to taste. Cover with the lid and cook till the baby potatoes are well coated with gravy. Add water only if needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.