How to make paneer at home in 10 minutes?
Paneer, India’s favorite fresh cheese is found in every vegetarian menu of the restaurant. Paneer is a versatile dairy product, it can be used for desserts, snacks or for main courses. Paneer is loved by most of us and there is nothing like a fresh homemade paneer. The process of making paneer is very easy and can be done within 10 minutes.
- Milk – 2 Litre
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tablespoon
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan at a medium flame and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring the milk giving intervals of 2 minutes. Make sure the milk is not vigorously boiling. If it does, reduce the heat and bring the milk back to gentle boil.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, remove off the flame and add lemon juice and quickly stir it in.
- he curdles process will increase and you will slowly begin to see the greenish whey.
- Add a little lemon juice and curdle the milk completely.
- Take a strainer and wrap the cotton cloth over it.
- Drain the milk and collect all the curdles.
- Run it through cold water to remove the lemon taste.
- Hold the cloth from all sides and drain all the excess liquid.
- If all the excess liquid is not drained, hung the cloth for 15-20 minutes and then squeeze the remaining water using your hands.
- Turn the cloth upside down and put some weight it can be a stone or a brick to press down and give the cheese the box’s shape.
- Soak the paneer in chilled water for 2-3 hours. This is optional as this process is done only to improve the texture of the paneer.