Murg Malai Tikka
A tasty Murg (Chicken) Malai Tikka, with mild and rich flavour of cheese and spices.
- Chicken – 500 Grams, Boneless breast pieces
- Heavy Cream – 2 tablespoon
- Thick Yogurt – 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves (cilantro) – 1 tablespoon, crushed
- Green Chilli – 1 tablespoon, crushed
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Cheese – 2 tablespoon, grated
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch (optional)
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Meat Tenderizer – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Cut chicken breast to small size pieces and dry them with paper towel
- Marinate with pepper powder, tenderizer/raw papaya paste (skip if baking soda is used), ginger garlic paste and keep in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Then, marinate by making paste of cheese by pressing and rubbing with hand.
- Add yogurt (curd), heavy cream, corn flour, green chilli, coriander paste, salt , oil, cardamom powder (optional) and mix well to form a paste.
- Marinate the chicken for another 1 hour or overnight (if overnight, keep it in fridge)
- Put on to the skewer and grill in the hottest possible setting in your oven on the top shelf.
- Cook for 10 min on each side or till you see fine color on the kabab.
- If you do not have a oven, cook in a non stick tawa on both sides till done.
- If you do not have a meat tenderizer, marinate 500 gms of chicken with 1 tsp of baking soda for 10 minutes and wash thoroughly 2 to 3 times, then proceed with your marination as usual. Baking soda acts as a meat tenderizer.